Troop 87 was founded in 2002. Our Charter Organization is Cypress Creek Christian Church, 6823 Cypresswood.
Our purpose is to offer the highest quality Scouting experience possible. We are a boy-led troop, and we emphasize leadership, camping, volunteerism, fundraising and rank advancement.
Having fun is first and foremost. The Scouts select their own programs, which include games, skits and side trips.
We camp at least once each month. Family members are welcome to join campouts.
At least once each year. Some of our previous trips have been to:
- Florida Sea Base Philmont, NM
- 100 Year Scout Jamboree – Virginia
- New Mexico White Water Rafting
- Camp Orr, Arkansas
- Buffalo Trails Scout Ranch, Big Bend , TX
Fully equipped “lock-up”, including trailers, canoes, kayaks, cook stoves, tents, fishing equipment, and more.
- Committee Chair & Scoutmaster are Eagle Scouts
- 100% adult fully certified BSA trained leaders
- We strongly encourage parents to join either the Scoutmaster Corps or Troop
- Our leaders are certified to teach over 60 Scout Merit Badges
- We strongly encourage rank advancement.
We provide opportunities for each Scout to earn money to pay for all his Scouting expenses and learn valuable selling and marketing skills. Fundraisers include:
- Troop-Sponsored Garage Sales
- Scout Fair Ticket Sales
- Popcorn Sales
- We collect food donations for BSA’s “Scouting for Food” program.
- Gold Star Quality Unit Award 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- 6410 Spring Cypress, Spring, TX 77379
- Meetings are held every Monday at 7PM
- Call us to schedule a troop visit (832) 483-3053
Troop Policies and Bylaws: